Sunday 1 May 2011

If you could live your life again, would you do it all the same?

As the title says: If you could live your life again, would you do it all the same...or would you do it differently?

I often wonder what my life would have been like if I had had the courage to do what I wanted to do, and be who I wanted to be, but I was one of those people that did as was expected of them and I never gave myself the opportunity to be who I wanted to be.
Now this is not a dig at my family (just incase you are wondering) it is something a song lead me to think.

If you could go back in time to a point where you made a particular life choice that ended up in wrongsville, would you take the other path and hope that going in the other direction would lead to happiness and joy, instead of crazy mental illness.

I wonder what life would have been like if I had chosen not to go to my friend Katie's wedding. I would not have met Jamie and I certainly would not end up with my bundles of Joy and mayhem Cameron and Amelia. And the noise and craziness that is Jamie.

I wonder what life would have been like if I had had children 10 years earlier, If I chose to stay in England. Where would my career have taken me? it would have been a very different path from the one it took. What if I went to a different university? well, I wouldn't have been bullied the way I was.

I wish that when I was younger that me and my sister got on as well as we do now instead of hating each other. I wish I had not chosen some of the partners I did, and wished I had taken other opportunities with other people.

I wonder if I had made different choices along the way where I ended up making mistakes, if I could jump back in time just before going down the wrong path and stop myself, would I have ended up with a mental illness.

I am glad I moved to Australia and had children when I did, because in that time I have made a very interesting and diverse collection of friends, friends that actually  care for me and my well being. I am also glad in a weird way that I ended up in Belmont because I have met an even more diverse and different group of friends that understand what life is like, but accept me as a friend regardless.

This is a bit of a pointless blog really, because I can't even answer my own question...I am just in a very philosophical headspace.

I would also like to thank Laura for the wonderfully motivating and uplifting post she wrote just for me and another friend, I needed that today and you are wonderful xxxxx

5 comments:

  1. hey you motivate me too my dear friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely questions that will never have an answer, still crosses the mind though hey. I'm glad you ended up here so me u n laur can be the 3 fighting musketeers... or is it the three stooges ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all make our decisions based on the best advice/circumstances and life experiences that we had at the time those choices were made. You had the strength to make them - trust yourself that they were the right choices at the time based on the information you had then. Go forward, forward, forward... 'All will be well, all manner of things will be well' - Julian of Norwich. My Mum gave me a card with those words then I was very ill. Message me if you like Clarie as I think we may well have much in common. Lots of love, an invisible hand holding yours across the water. Amy B.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. kinda but, I would do some things differently

    ReplyDelete
  5. {ickle430 and little bee, thank you both for taking time to read my blog. Pickle, I am interested in how you would change things if you are willing to share?

    ReplyDelete