Monday 13 June 2011

Everything's going so well,

Oops, so it has been nearly a week since my update. Need to sort that one out!!

So I survived looking after the children,  I would like to thank all my friends for offering help and for being there as emergency back up. Thankfully I did not need to utilise them and had a really great time bonding with my children.
I found friday a bit harder than thursday but only becuase the kids were excited about seeing Daddy, but he didn't get home until very late (even though he said he'd be early)  so they were upset that they couldn't see him and would not go to sleep.

During the day I had my friends over for "Craft day" where we do what ever we feel like, and feel safe to be ourselves what ever mood we are in, and there is no pressure to talk we can simply sit comfortably in each others company.

The weekend was kind of a typical weekend, with chaos, disorder and shouting and I didn't cope very well on saturday.
Sunday I went to the craft and textiles expo, which was a big effort for me, it was crowded, it was noisy and I had to get there by public transport.
Going on the train was really relaxing, I listened to music and enjoyed the motion and feeling of being on a train. Being at the expo was stressful due to the number of people and the noise...but the benefit of looking at amazing craft/ art work far outweighed the negatives of being in an uncomfortable situation.

Today I had friends over this morning, it feels good to finally be back in the social loop and not feel strange, different or an outcast. I actually feel like I am part of the human race again.

I am enjoying my art and craft, and currently knitting a can-can scarf...I will post pictures when it is finished, but it is colourful, ruffly and therapeutic to get the old knitting needles out again.

Thanks for reading,
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment